Sunday, April 12, 2009

Do you want to improve your listening skills?

Hello, everybody. Did you enjoy your weekends? I got stuck at home, felt bored, and finally went out for damaging my credit card.(I want to cry.....) I bought new blue jeans and now I am happy to wear this a little loud jeans. During the weekends, I thought about the way of improving listening skills. How? Well, dictation will be good but it takes so much patience and effort. But I finally decided to do dictation for 20 minutes every day. What is your method? Let's share and compare!

4 comments:

  1. I heard one good method from the web(elllo.org), but I am not sure it will work at last. The site says, "The only way to improve your fluency is understandable and repetitive listening. If you don't understand, you can't learn anything" So I always try to understandable materials many times on that website(elllo.org)Is this method interesting to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kate! YOu are doing well until now..Well, listening is my weakest part....sometimes I feel frustrated to know my lackness of listening ability..but I came here to improve those skills..So I decided to do my best in every moment..For me, I watch video clips such as animation movies,American drama and interesting movie without any subtitles,,and just listen to any materials..there's no way ,.It's up to our own styles...,I think..However,I realized dictating is better through Walter..I'll try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to tell this,,,there are many audio book on the internet...So I want you to listen to audio book instead of reading books..We don't have enough time to read books..so whenever you work out or stay in the restroom..it's ok..it will be helpful a little..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, smart Kate!
    While listening English, I found how poor my vocabulary is! I realized I can hear as far as I know. Therefore, I'll try to focus on learning new words, most of which familiar to you.
    Actually, my English grammar is poor, too. However I tried to find grammar errors in my essay, they are invisible to my eyes. Am I blind? Or just stupid? I'll study harder.

    ReplyDelete